Study Abroad in Ireland
Ireland is a place that is rated high for its first-class education and accurate evaluation method. Irish education places emphasis on skill development and versatility.
Ireland has many public and private universities that offer qualifications in Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate levels. The education system has a university division, the technological division, colleges of education, private colleges, and independent colleges.
- In Ireland, there are nine universities, out of which two are in Northern Ireland and seven in the Republic.
- There are 14 institutes of technology that offer education programs in different subjects at degree, diploma, and certificate levels.
- As many as five Colleges of Education offer three-year full-time courses for primary school teachers’ training.
The National University of Ireland (NUI) consists of four fundamental universities. They are:
- University College Dublin
- University College Cork,
- National University of Ireland Galway
- National University of Ireland Maynooth.
- National College of Art and Design (NCAD), St. Angelas College of Education, and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) are the three known colleges under NUI.
- The University of Ulster (UU) and the Queen’s University of Belfast are the two universities in Northern Ireland.
Independent Third Level Colleges
Various independent third-level colleges offer study programs in certificates, degree, and diploma levels. These courses are recognized either by the National Certification Authority or an accrediting university.
The MBA programs like SMURFIT in Ireland are among the top business programs in the world. Criteria for admission are work experience, scores of GMAT, and an excellent educational background.
Being the IT hub of Europe, IT programs in Ireland are among the most common courses selected by many students.
Other courses selected by many students are civil and other engineering streams, travel/tourism/hospitality management, health courses, pharmacy, and psychoanalysis.
Education/ Living Cost
The annual education cost for various courses are as follows:
For Undergraduate Level, the course fee differs from institution to institution and courses selected.
- For Engineering Course, the fee structure ranges from €9,100 – €20,300.
- For Science & Technology, the course fee varies from €9,100 – €16,500.
- Arts and Humanities fee ranges from €9,100 – €15,500.
- Business studies cost is between €9,000 – €15,500.
For Master’s Level Courses, the fee structures for various streams are as follow:
- Post Graduate Engineering fee ranges from €9,150 – €18,000.
- For masters in Science & Technology, the annual fee structure varies from €9,150 – €18,000.
- The fees structure for Arts and Humanities stream ranges from €8,900 – €20,000.
- Business Studies fee varies from €9,150 – €18,800.
The annual living cost is around €10000.
The institutions and universities generally start student intake in August.
Permission to Work
The Ireland study visa requirements for Indian students are:
- IELTS or TOEFL scores are required to prove proficiency in English.
- Overall band scores of IELTS and TOEFL for diploma programs are 5.5 and 75.
- An IELTS score of 6.0 and a TOEFL score of 80 is required for Bachelor’s degree admission.
- An overall band score of 6.0 is required for the Master’s program and 80 for TOEFL.